- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Manages all financial responsibilities
- Records and submits Town Council meeting minutes
The Town Clerk/Treasurer serves as the link between the citizens and the Town Council and city employees.
The office of Town Clerk for the Town of Thorntown provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Town Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Town of Thorntown Town Clerk.